I was at a loss for words this morning
I honestly had to check to make sure I wasn't asleep and this wasn't a dream, because the inconsistencies are many.
- described by various Web sites as a diploma mill. He said he knew it was not accredited by US educational institutions.
- Clarke’s son, Peter, a director of Guardian Media Ltd, yesterday expressed surprise over his father’s inclusion, saying: “It is shocking someone would use a deceased person as reference.”
- Mohammed claims to have a degree from a prestigious military university in the US, which has never heard of him.
- As for Ahmet Haluk Ozbuddun, whom Mohammed also listed as deceased and named as the president of Turkey on his CV, Ozbuddun never existed. Since 1923, following the Turkish War of Independence, there have been only 11 heads of state, and the name Ozbuddun is not among them.
- Minister of Public Utilities Nizam Baksh.
- In response to a text message, Sharma said: “I was not aware. In writing from me? Guess anyone can put any name as a reference.” Baksh, however, told the T&T Guardian while he had met Mohammed on two occasions he was unaware he was used as a reference.
- Defence Staff Brig Roland Maundy. ............. Maundy told the T&T Guardian he had not been told he was listed as a referee on Mohammed’s CV. “I met him once in the US but I would think if you are listing someone as a reference you will call. I am glad I got this telephone call,” Maundy said.
shame shame shame....but almost UNBELIEVABLE!!!Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley described the latest development as a “travesty.” He added: “The appointment is in the same vein as former director of the Strategic Services Agency Reshmi Ramnarine. “This Government is consistently appointing people unqualified and unsuitable for positions, against the public interest.
“Who selected this man and what is the connection to the Government?” Rowley asked. Former attorney general Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj said a dead man could not be listed as a reference. “This appointment is going down as the most scandalous ever in the history of T&T.
Look, let me not say anything yet about how things can happen, and be allowed to happen in Trinidad because of a lack of REGULATORY bodies...but let the thread run for a bit.....